- Establishment by Kintaro Hattori of K. Hattori & Co., Ltd., predecessor of today's Seiko Holdings Corporation.
- Import and sales of optical frames started by the optical department of K. Hattori & Co., Ltd.,
- Optical glass lenses launched under the brand name Vista
- Nichibei Lens Center Co., Ltd., is established.
This company introduces the first full scale laboratory system in Japan and commences the polishing and manufacturing of glass lenses.
- Frames under own brand Vista released
- First domestically produced optical plastic lenses released
- First domestically produced optical plastic progressive lenses released
- Brand name for optical lenses changed from Vista to Seiko
- ‘Senior 50’ lenses are launched. These are the first indoor progressive lenses in the world.
- Launch of sales of “SEIKO Super MX,” the world’s first minus-power aspheric single vision lens.
Optical frames under the SEIKO brand released.
- P-1 G brand lenses, the worldfs first aspheric progressive lenses, released.
- SEIKO OPTICAL PRODUCTS CO., LTD founded Operation transferred from Seiko Holdings Corporation.
- SS P-1 brand lenses, the worldfs first back-surface progressive power lenses, released.
- SSV AtoZ brand lenses, the world's first double-sided aspheric lenses ,released.
- Launch of sales of “SEIKO Prestige,” a super refractive index (1.74) aspheric single vision lens.
The ‘Seiko Comfortable Vision Lifestyle Cheering Squad’ is started.
- Super Clean Coat (SCC), released.
- SFCK brand lenses, progressive lenses for PC use, released
SSP-1 and SFCK series win good design awards in the design section for the year 2003 products. Furthermore, the Super P-1 series was also selected as a product for the universal design award, a special award.
- PENTAX Corporation(Present Hoya Corporation) and optical lens sales business consolidated to sell lenses under the brand name PENTAX beginning January 1.
- November 1: ‘Seiko Emblem’ lenses are launched. These are high-quality multi-focal glass lenses that employ a ‘Back-surface progressive + Back-surface Aspheric Design.’
- March 1: ‘Seiko Super P-1 (Neo)’ lenses are launched. These are tailor-made progressive lenses.
July 10: The‘Seiko Orgatech’ series is launched. These are resistant against heat, damage, dirt, shocks and ultraviolet light, with their use of the organic AR coating.
- October 1: ‘Seiko Widetech’ lenses are launched. These are high-performance lenses that employ Seiko’s unique ‘Panoramic Asymmetric-Aspheric Design.’
- June 2: ‘Seiko Synergy WD’ lenses are launched. These employ ‘Back-surface progressive + Back-surface Aspheric Design’ and have been designed to widen the field of vision; close-by and in the distance.
- April 1: ‘Seiko Superior P1’ is launched. These are Seiko’s highest progressive lenses. These lenses employ our ‘Back-surface progressive + Back-surface Aspheric Design’ and ‘superior system.’
Wins the 2009 Good Design Award
December 1: The ‘Super-Resistant-Coat’ is released. This is enhanced-durability coating that strongly blocks damage and dust.
- September 1: “Seiko Indoor LD’ lenses are launched. These are new near-mid range custom lenses for everyday indoor use.
September 1: ‘Seiko Pursuit CV’ lenses are launched. These are new custom progressive lenses.
November 18: ‘Seiko Pursuit EV’ lenses are launched. These are new-concept, comfortable custom lenses aimed at people in their 40s.
- June 1: ‘Seiko A-Zone’ lenses are launched. These are Seiko’s highest single-focus lenses which use ‘Zone Design’ for the first time in the world.